Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment feature prominently in the 2030 Agenda, the new European Consensus on Development and the OECD Global Forum on Development and the European Development Days in 2018. With its Coalition Agreement the new German Government, which took office in March 2018, firmly put its weight behind the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Thanks to the GIZ-wide commitment, the Safeguards+Gender Management System introduced in 2016 and excellent submissions to the GIZ Gender Competition, we are well-positioned and equipped to actively contribute to the promotion of gender equality around the world.
Dirk Aßmann and Angela Langenkamp
Speech Tanja Gönner
Watch GIZ Board Member Tanja Gönner’s speech on the occasion of this year’s Gender Award Ceremony!
Laudation Caren Grown
Have a look at the laudation of Senior World Bank Director Caren Grown!
Gender Award Winners
● 1 ● Programme Strengthening Women in Decision Making in Middle East
● 1 ● Regional programme ComVoMujer in Peru
● 1 ● Programme Agricultural Value Chains for Sustainable Development
● 2 ● Sector project Digitalisation for Sustainable Development
● 3 ● A develoPPP.de intervention in Ghana
● 3 ● Recovery Programme Nepal
Get involved and stay engaged!
IDA Gender Community
- GIZ Bangladesh observes 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence Posted in: Gender Week Blog - On 10 December 2020, the Gender Working Group of GIZ Bangladesh hosted “Voices against Violence”, marking the conclusion of this… …
- Multimedia exhibition: Meet the seven “Game Changers – Women in Agriculture”! Posted in: Gender Week Blog - Women in rural areas bring about great changes every day despite many obstacles. As part of the special initiative ONE… …
- Women Success Stories from South East Europe Posted in: Gender Week Blog - To promote economic empowerment of rural women through the support of women entrepreneurship, it is crucial that women are informed… …