Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment feature prominently in the 2030 Agenda, the new European Consensus on Development and the OECD Global Forum on Development and the European Development Days in 2018. With its Coalition Agreement the new German Government, which took office in March 2018, firmly put its weight behind the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Thanks to the GIZ-wide commitment, the Safeguards+Gender Management System introduced in 2016 and excellent submissions to the GIZ Gender Competition, we are well-positioned and equipped to actively contribute to the promotion of gender equality around the world.
Dirk Aßmann and Angela Langenkamp
Speech Tanja Gönner
Watch GIZ Board Member Tanja Gönner’s speech on the occasion of this year’s Gender Award Ceremony!
Laudation Caren Grown
Have a look at the laudation of Senior World Bank Director Caren Grown!
Gender Award Winners
● 1 ● Programme Strengthening Women in Decision Making in Middle East
● 1 ● Regional programme ComVoMujer in Peru
● 1 ● Programme Agricultural Value Chains for Sustainable Development
● 2 ● Sector project Digitalisation for Sustainable Development
● 3 ● A develoPPP.de intervention in Ghana
● 3 ● Recovery Programme Nepal
Get involved and stay engaged!
IDA Gender Community
- A new generation running up the stairs by Véronique Sprenger, Sport for Development in Africa (S4DA) Team Ethiopia Posted in: Gender Week Blog - After a long work week, on Friday afternoon my friends and I decide to go to a café located right… …
- Its Women’s Turn, in the People’s Game by Frank Olukohe, S4DA Team Ghana/Kenya Posted in: Gender Week Blog - Habiba’s efforts to increase participation of girls in football and use sport to address socialchallenges in Kakuma Refugee Camp,… …
- LEADERSHIP HAS NO GENDER! Posted in: Gender Week Blog - “What makes a true leader? Does gender matter?”. This question is often raised in every discussion whenever we talk about… …