Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment feature prominently in the 2030 Agenda, the new European Consensus on Development and the OECD Global Forum on Development and the European Development Days in 2018. With its Coalition Agreement the new German Government, which took office in March 2018, firmly put its weight behind the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Thanks to the GIZ-wide commitment, the Safeguards+Gender Management System introduced in 2016 and excellent submissions to the GIZ Gender Competition, we are well-positioned and equipped to actively contribute to the promotion of gender equality around the world.
Dirk Aßmann and Angela Langenkamp
Speech Tanja Gönner
Watch GIZ Board Member Tanja Gönner’s speech on the occasion of this year’s Gender Award Ceremony!
Laudation Caren Grown
Have a look at the laudation of Senior World Bank Director Caren Grown!
Gender Award Winners
● 1 ● Programme Strengthening Women in Decision Making in Middle East
● 1 ● Regional programme ComVoMujer in Peru
● 1 ● Programme Agricultural Value Chains for Sustainable Development
● 2 ● Sector project Digitalisation for Sustainable Development
● 3 ● A develoPPP.de intervention in Ghana
● 3 ● Recovery Programme Nepal
Get involved and stay engaged!
IDA Gender Community
- IDIA Publication Launch at GIZ Gender Network Meeting 2020: Innovating to Address Gender-Based Violence Posted in: Gender Week Blog - The International Development Innovation Alliance (IDIA) is a collaboration platform that brings together the senior leadership from the innovation teams,… …
- More than 100 GIZ colleagues fight against period stigma and for good menstrual health and hygiene Posted in: Gender Week Blog - As a contribution to this year’s Menstrual Hygiene (MH) Day, celebrated every year on 28 May, more than 100 GIZ… …
- Menstrual Hygiene Day is happening. Period Posted in: Gender Week Blog - Approximately 1.9 billion women and girls menstruate between two and seven days a month on average. The recurring process of… …