Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment feature prominently in the 2030 Agenda, the new European Consensus on Development and the OECD Global Forum on Development and the European Development Days in 2018. With its Coalition Agreement the new German Government, which took office in March 2018, firmly put its weight behind the promotion of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Thanks to the GIZ-wide commitment, the Safeguards+Gender Management System introduced in 2016 and excellent submissions to the GIZ Gender Competition, we are well-positioned and equipped to actively contribute to the promotion of gender equality around the world.
Dirk Aßmann and Angela Langenkamp
Speech Tanja Gönner
Watch GIZ Board Member Tanja Gönner’s speech on the occasion of this year’s Gender Award Ceremony!
Laudation Caren Grown
Have a look at the laudation of Senior World Bank Director Caren Grown!
Gender Award Winners
● 1 ● Programme Strengthening Women in Decision Making in Middle East
● 1 ● Regional programme ComVoMujer in Peru
● 1 ● Programme Agricultural Value Chains for Sustainable Development
● 2 ● Sector project Digitalisation for Sustainable Development
● 3 ● A develoPPP.de intervention in Ghana
● 3 ● Recovery Programme Nepal
Get involved and stay engaged!
IDA Gender Community
- MenstruAction – From Enthusiasm to Action: See how the GIZ Staff Initiative joined the Global Menstrual Health and Hygiene Movement Posted in: Gender Week Blog - Just in time for Menstrual Hygiene Day on 28th May, the GIZ Staff Initiative MenstruAction celebrates the journey from its… …
- Digital transformation and democracy: Why do we need to talk about gender-based online violence? Posted in: Gender Week Blog - Reading and sharing information, as well as exchanging personal views online, has become a daily routine for many people. While… …
- GIZ Bangladesh -Gender Equality for a Sustainable Tomorrow Posted in: Gender Week Blog - GIZ Bangladesh Gender Working Group (GWG) observed the International Women’s Day 2022 by hosting an online event on 8 March.… …