- Feminist Organizations’ engagement : This will involve engagement with local feminist organizations to facilitate a better understanding of feminism within the Kenyan context. The engagement will specifically seek to enhance an understanding of the approach these organizations take, challenges they face, how they mitigate against these challenges and lessons learnt. The engagement will be structured in such a way that the various elements of the Feminist Development Policy (Human Rights Based Approach, Power Critical, Gender Transformative Approaches, Intersectionality etc.) will be discussed, drawing from practical experiences.
- Key Messages: These will aim at sensitizing colleagues on feminism in general and the Feminist Development Policy specifically. They will be disseminated through emails and social media accounts.
- Session on Online Gender Based Violence (OGBV): One of the Digital Transformation Center partners, KICTANet has developed an online module on OGBV and in keeping with this year’s IWD theme, the organization will sensitize colleagues on the topic and also talk about the learning module.
- Screening of Backlash: Misogyny in the Digital Age by the Digital Transformation Center (DTC) Kenya project. This will be done within the context of the International Women’s Day 2023 theme “DigitALL: Innovation and Technology for Gender Equality” and German’s Feminist and Development Policies.
It is a documentary that tells the shocking stories of four women leaders whose lives are overturned by cyberviolence. However, the women also share a common cause – refusing to be silenced!
The screening will be followed by a panel discussion by four experts in the areas of ICT, public policy and Digital Rights.
When: 11th March 2023
Where: German Culture Centre
- Senator Gloria Orwoba, Vice Chair Senate ICT Committee
- Angela Minayo, KICTANet, Women’s Digital Rights Lead
- Mercy Ndegwa, Meta, Director of Public Policy East Africa
- Mwende Ngao, Award winning digital content creator