Regional Workshop on Target Group Engagement and Gender Mainstreaming in the context of Migration in the Western Balkans
The Regional Workshop on Target Group Engagement and Gender Mainstreaming will aim to offer a platform for the exchange of experiences, ideas and information regarding target-group engagement, Gender Mainstreaming and gender-sensible as well as target-group approaches in the activities of partner institutions and GIZ. The objective is to achieve a common understanding of gender-sensible target group engagement, a transfer and exchange of knowledge and practices in the context of migration, especially in the Return and Reintegration sector.
The Regional Workshop will be organized on the 28 and 29 of March 2019 in Albania with Institutional Partners of the three countries (Kosovo, Albania, Serbia), Gender and Reintegration focal points of the three countries from GIZ and GIZ/DIMAK (German Information Center for Migration, Education and Careers).
- Capacity Development on Migration with a special focus on target-group engagement Gender Mainstreaming and Human Rights, addressing potentials and challenges of migrants with a focus on specific target groups
- Participants exchange experiences, programs and ideas about gender-sensible and target-group approaches in the context of migration
- They are able to analyse their work context and carry out activities that address specific target groups and their needs
- Provide the participants with knowledge about how to integrate gender and human rights issues into their activities
- Exchange of good practices and lessons learnt as well as practical instruments
The workshop will be developed as a pilot, to be replicated afterwards in different countries or regions. Therefore, the modules, content, methods and script will be developed in detail so that they can be adapted according to the context.
Up to 15 selected participants working in national employment agencies and other relevant institutions in the context of migration and (re-)integration from Albania, Kosovo and Serbia
- 5 participants per country
Up to 6 participants from GIZ: Focal points of Gender and Reintegration from Albania, Kosovo and Serbia
- 2 participants per country
Date and Location
- 28 and 29 of March 2019 in Tirana, Albania
Interactive Workshop (learning units e.g. group work / presentations; podium discussion, fishbowl; world café; role-plays; market place poster presentations)